VERY IMPORTANT YOU MUST KNOW YOUR CODE (MASTER CODE) OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE, ADD, DELETE, OR UPDATE THE USER CODES IN YOUR SYSTEM. THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS AS THIS IS A SECURITY FEATURE BUILT INTO THE SYSTEM. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW OR HAVE PURCHASED A HOUSE OR A USED SYSTEM YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL AN ALARM COMPANY TO COME AND CONNECT A PC TO THE PANEL IN ORDER TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE CODE.
- First off have your MASTER CODE in hand, go to any keypad with an LCD display. You can do it on any keypad that you have, but one that has an LCD display is preferred over and LED type. This FAQ covers LCD type.
- On the keypad press the * key and then the number 5.
- It will ask you for your code, this is where you type in the MASTER CODE.
- Next it will ask you for a 2 digit ID number. This is a number that the panel uses to know where the code is stored. (The MASTER CODE is number 01). Start with user ID number 02 and count up from there. If you have several codes then you might want to keep a spread sheet of user ID and codes.
- Once you have typed in the user ID then you can put in the code that you want, 4 digits.
- When the code has been entered the keypad will ask you for another user ID. If you have more to put in them just follow the steps outlined, if not then press the # key.
- To delete a code follow the steps you would to enter or change a code and put all stars in. This erases the code in that slot.
- Here is an example of how to add a code to your system.
- Example ::: *5 (MASTER CODE) 02 (USER ID) 3456 (TYPE IN NEW CODE) #.